Potato Day 2018
Every second Saturday in February we hold Potato Day, where we sell a variety of seed potatoes at great prices.
Next year’s Potato Day will be at Shipley College, ExhibItion Hall, Saltaire, BD18 3JW. Admission Free. All tubers will be 15p each. You can buy as many, or as few, as you wish.
This year there was:
- 38 varieties of potato available, all at 15p per tuber.
- A Seed Swap organised by Veg on the Edge.
- The Wholegrain Café selling tasty veggie/vegan light meals, snacks and refreshments made, and sometimes grown, by group members. Open throughout the day.
- Free talks by Plate2Plate composts and Riverford Organic Farmers.
- Stalls selling composts, fruit trees and bushes, fruit and veg boxes, preserves, olive oil and coffee.
- Advice on all aspects of growing especially potatoes.
Popular varieties of potato often sell out quickly, so if you are after something special better get there early.
See the potato pages for varieties available.
The photos below were taken at Potato Days in recent years.