What new varieties would you like to see?

Home Forums WYOG Forums Potato Day What new varieties would you like to see?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

TonyW
    Keymaster

Is there a particular variety of spud which we haven’t sold that you wish we had? Let us know…

PeterT
    Keymaster

I always find Milva an excellent reliable variety but we often struggle to obtain it for Potato Day.

CliveR
    Participant

Belle de Fontenay which is an excellent maincrop salad potato, better, in my view, than Pink Fir Apple.

TonyW
    Keymaster

Described as “An old French salad potato from the late 1800’s that is esteemed for its flavour which further improves on storage. This attractive maincrop variety produces beautiful, long, pale yellow tubers with a firm, waxy texture that is delicious boiled or steamed. Height and spread: 60cm (24″).”

Sounds good – but better than Pink Fir Apple? – you’re not afraid of controversy are you Clive 🙂

Thanks for the tip – we’ll bear it in mind for next potato day.

PeterT
    Keymaster

I only tried Belle de Fontenay once and they were a disaster. They were attacked by blight which I, or at least my potatoes, always suffer from, and turned into a revolting mush. Never again.

Anonymous
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.