What apples are you eating?

Home Forums WYOG Forums Buying fruit and veg What apples are you eating?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  PeterT 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

PeterT
    Keymaster

My stored Ribston Pippin ran out before Christmas so I’ve been casting round for good British preferably organic apples. Sainsburys have quite a range nowadays although the organic is limited. Their Coxes were quite good although not really like a true Cox but an apple called Benoni (I think) was a bit insipid.

I tried my local shop, Half Moon Wholefoods near the bus station in Huddersfield, a few weeks ago and have been eating interesting organic British varieties ever since. Ashmead’s Kernel were excellent although I wasn’t so keen on Red Devil. I’m currently eating Court Pendu Flat a brilliant old variety.

What apples are you eating and where do you get them from?

TonyW
    Keymaster

I’m still cooking my stored Bramleys – gave up on supermarket apples long ago when I couldn’t find an apple that had travelled less than a thousand miles.

PeterT
    Keymaster

I forgot to mention that we’re stiil using Crawley Beauty from store. They were billed as dual purpose but they are a bit thick skinned and tasteless for eating although decent cookers. The family say similar things about me.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.