Organic Manure

Home Forums WYOG Forums Organic Manure

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  PeterT 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

PeterT
    Keymaster

Anyone know of anywhere in West Yorkshire where you can get organic manure?

There was a farmer called Charles near Grange Moor, Huddersfield on either 07813-242582 or 01924-840416 or 464280 who used to deliver a big builder’s bag for about £40 but I don’t know if he still supplies it.

PeterT
    Keymaster

At the last meeting, someone thought it may be possible to get manure even organic manure from Roly Stone, Wrose, Acrecliffe on Otley Road near Menston Roundabout. Is that correct? Was it Acrecliffe Equestrian Centre?

Peter

PeterT
    Keymaster

Hannah used to work at Acrecliffe. I am not aware of any suggestion that it is in any way organic. There are few, if any, chemical inputs apparent, however. It is simply composted horse droppings, straw & sawdust cleaned out of the stables on a regular basis. There’s a mountain of it, I’ve had tonnes which I collect for free. They do deliver trailer loads at a cost I cannot remember.

Brian

PeterT
    Keymaster

The manure from the Roleystone Horse project in Wrose isn’t ‘organic’ but is aminopyralid free – they make a point of telling you that when you get your manure. Some of the beds in the top of Val’s garden had some manure from them a few years ago. I don’t know about the Menston roundabout site but even if the hay is ‘organic’, the feed and grassland management may well not be – there might be an organic equestrian centre on the SA website perhaps.

Cheers,
    John

PeterT
    Keymaster

Hello all
    This is the place – Roleystone Horse Sanctuary, 21 Wrose Grove, BD2 1PG
    http://divabradford.org.uk/organisation.aspx?ID=301
    Jane

PeterT
    Keymaster

I did look at that as I was thinking about it for a hot box, they do sell manure from the stables but they don’t claim to be organic on their web site. I was going to find out about delivery to Shipley so can ask about organic is no one else knows,
    Val

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.