If your vegetable doesn’t fit any of the other classes and isn’t a leaf, then this is the class for you. If you’ve grown more than one variety, or other vegetables that fit this class, then you can separately enter each of them.
If you need any more info about any of the classes, please ask in the forums
- Entries to be organically grown
- There is no need for matched groups or shapes
- Entries are judged on flavour, appearance is secondary and scars, dimples and slug holes are quite acceptable!
- Chillies are judged on flavour, not heat
- Use simple presentation – no decoration or decorative containers
- (apart from H70), please use recyclable disposable containers/ plates for presentation where necessary
- Each entry will be judged by removing slices for tasting
- Each entry must be clean, and free from surplus roots and foliage
- Entrants presenting multiple entries in a class must ensure that each is of a different variety or type with each variety or type only entered once
- The public is allowed to taste all entries after judging is completed at 2pm; entries can be collected at 3pm. Unclaimed exhibits will be auctioned at 3.30
- No need for matched groups, and all shapes, sizes, scars, dimples, slug holes, etc. are accepted.